Monday, October 18, 2010

The Bieber Dilemma

Well, its about that time again. One of the most painful times in a parent's life. A time of whining, wailing and gnashing of teeth. Its time to take the boys for a haircut.

Both Dude and Mischief hate going for haircuts. They enjoy their long floppy 'dos and unkempt locks but we're at the point that its been so long since I've seen their faces that I forget what colour eyes they have. Sure they flick their bangs out of their eyes with a toss of their heads but I worry that they are going to put their neck out or something with all their flicking and twitching!

So I announce its time...they must get their hair cut. Surprisingly Dude was okay with it. He said he'd go as long as I could promise him that his hair would not look like Justin Bieber's hair when the deed was done. I asked him why he was so adamant about the Bieber thing and he said, "Justin Bieber is for girls. The girls like him, not boys." So I promised that I would specify a no-Bieber look when he got into the chair. He seemed okay with that and went back to watching TV.

I then turned to Mischief and asked him what kind of haircut he wanted. He thought about it for a minute then said, "I want Bieber hair." When I asked him why he flicked his hair, winked at me and said, "Girls like Justin Bieber."

Oh boy!

No comments: