Monday, February 14, 2011

The Things I Love About Them

Today is Family Love Day and as I am bustling around the house preparing for our traditional pink pancake supper I can't help but get a little mushy and maybe even a little weepy. Through out the morning as I have been running errands and cleaning up after a weekend of popcorn parties and general, messy laziness, I have been thinking about my people. I have been meditating on why I love them, the things about each one of them that is unique, and I have been falling in love with them all over again. I have come to the conclusion that I am very, very blessed.

I Love that being married to Mr. Awesome is like having a sleep over with a best friend who never has to go home, I love the way he 'gets' me, loves me and is my biggest fan. I love that he cries at the sappy parts in movies, that he melts when the kids crawl into his lap and that I am his favourite person. I love that he has a huge heart, shows compassion to the underdog and that he goes out of his way to teach the same values to our kids. I love that I get to live my life with a truly exceptional man, he is a devoted husband, an incredible father and the best person I know. He fills my world.

I Love that being Dude's Mom has taught me that being different is just code for being extraordinary. He has taught me what it really means to be brave, to persevere and to have self-confidence. He is the impossible made possible, he is logic and reason tied up with hope. He is wonder and independence, he goes left when everyone else goes right yet somehow his left is right. He is peace and joy and discovery. He is Christmas every day of the year. He makes my world go round.

I Love that being Crafty's mom has taught me that life is meant to be seen, experienced and savoured; not rushed. She is everything that is light and colourful and beautiful. She is giggles and flowers and hearts all woven together in the wings of a butterfly. She is art and music and laughter. She is an opera inside a vaudeville show. She is intelligence, grace, passion and wit. She is my dream come true, she is my little girl. She brings colour to my world.

  I Love that being Mischief's mom has taught me that there's no point in sweating the small stuff because it is all small stuff.  He is a mess-maker, a rainbow chaser, a stunt doer, a song singer, an inventor, a genius and a madman. He is Rhett Butler, Jack Sparrow, Superman, Survivorman and Yoda all wrapped up into one six year old. He is strength and love and laughter. He is wit and charm and cuddles. He is the height and depth and breadth of life. He turns my world upside down.

I Love that this life, these people have taught me about hope and dreams and the future. They have taught me to laugh at myself, dance in the rain and exhale slowly. They love me when I am unlovable. They pick me up when I fall. They forgive me before I ask for forgiveness. They believe in me. These are my people and I am crazy, silly, madly, deeply in love with them!

2 comments:

Cat Connor said...

The most awesome blog post ever! xxx

alt&rockin'4ever said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a mother who loves them so much, and who can express it like this! Beautifully said, as always, Nicki.