Saturday, June 18, 2011

Foodie Goddess - The Perfect Choclate Chip Cookie

Welcome to another Saturday of guest blogging ... today we have my pal, Foodie Goddess and her mad domestic skills on display. Check back the third Saturday of the month for more recipes and mayhem from the kitchen of Foodie Goddess!

I am the Foodie Goddess, only because I always wanted to be known as a goddess!  I love cooking and baking, as well as decorating my house and crafting.  So all in all I am pretty domestic, but cooking is a passion!  My husband, "The Captain" and I have two children ages 8 and 2, known as the "J man" and "Miss K." They keep us very busy and slightly insane.  I am looking forward to sharing goodness from my kitchen with you!

******

Hello Random readers!

 Today I am going to share with you the greatest Chocolate Chip cookie recipe I have ever made. These are delicious…soft, chewy and of course chocolaty! I came across this recipe about 10 years ago while working in a day program for adults with disabilities. Another girl and I ran a culinary program. We made these cookies one day with the group, and well, we were all in love. Between the staff and clients we devoured those cookies in no time flat! In fact it caused me to declare, “I will be the mom who makes the best chocolate chip cookies!”

Ten years ago I did not have any children. I was however a huge “Friends” fan. Any of you who may also have been a big fan back in the day may recall the episode where Monica was trying to recreate Phoebe’s secret family recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Monica wanted to be known as “the mom who makes the best chocolate chip cookies”. As it turned out on the show, the secret family recipe was actually the recipe on the back of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip package – which by the way I have made and they are pretty good too. But with this recipe you now can be known as the mom, dad, friend, neighbour, co-worker or heck, just as “the person who makes the best chocolate chip cookies”.




The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

~1 ½ Cups Butter, softened (butter is always better than margarine)
~1 Cup granulated sugar
~1 Cup light brown sugar packed
~3 Eggs
~2 tsp vanilla extract
~3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
~1 ½ tsp baking soda
~¾ tsp salt
~4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips {yes that’s right 4 cups! I believe this is what makes these so yummy!!}

Method:
Heat oven to 375 F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 mins or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack to finish cooling.
> Try not to over bake these. They are most delicious when they are slightly under baked so they stay soft and chewy.

No comments: