Friday, January 20, 2012

Check Yourself

There will be no cute stories, anecdotes or jokes today; today is all business. Today, I am passing on some vital information and asking for some help from you fine folks. Starting on February 1, I will be reminding all you gals to check yourself, meaning I will remind you to do a breast self exam on the first of each month. I want you to take a little time on the first to put yourself first.

Each month I plan to pass along some medical information, inspirational links and personal stories of Cancer Kickers ... this is where you come in. If you have a story to tell or a message to share please email me at somerandommother@gmail.com. I would love to interview you. Cancer has affected all of us in one way or another; I am not the only person to ever get this news, go through this treatment and decide to win.

Hearing stories of hope, triumph and determination builds me up, strengthens me and reminds me to fight on, especially when I'm having a rough day and I know I'm not unique in this either. Hope is contagious. Its the thing that keeps us moving forward, its the thing that binds us together. Hope is the thing.

So on the first of each month we will focus on hope, health and positivity. And we will focus on you. So stay tuned, stay connected and don't be shy ... share your stories.

Hope is knowing that people, like kites, are made to be lifted up.
~Unknown

No comments: